Butterfly Faith

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My dining room table sits at a window overlooking my back yard and I often make  interesting observations while spending time there in the mornings.
   One blustery morning I saw the most amazing thing I've ever seen in my life - a butterfly flying against the WIND. Until that moment I had always thought of butterflies as delicate creatures. After all they are lighter than air themselves - or at least it seems that way if you have ever held one.
   Yet watching that one butterfly, not only flying against the wind but making headway as if there were no wind at all, was astonishing. It made me think that when I come up against the winds of life that would, or should, blow me away by their sheer force, I want to be like that  butterfly and fly as if there were no wind at all. Then I realized I can be that butterfly because the same One who created that butterfly created me. The strength He gives the butterfly to fly against the wind He will give - has given - me when I need it.
   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts on the subject?