What We Cannot See

Thursday, March 1, 2012


     When I began this blog it was all about the story  Benny  and the spiritual battle being fought outside our natural realm of perception. It's not hard to convince others of the evil that exists in this world but exposing that evil for what it is can be difficult. There is a barrier that prevents us from seeing the whole truth.  I'm not sure we would even want to see the whole truth. Let me rephrase that, we don't need to see the real face of evil, we just need to know the face of truth.
     When I was weaning off the drug benzodiazepine, I chose to focus on the truth and not the evil of the continuous assault as the drug lost it's grip on me. I focused on one thing and one thing only - the strength of God's love and power that is greater than any force behind a drug. I believed that prior to that experience and I believe it with even more conviction now. I also believe that holds true for ANY circumstance in life with the ability to hold us in a tight grip. Anything we struggle with. When we are held by something that ultimately has the power to destroy us, that comes from the realm of the unseen. We may be powerless but God is not.
     Every culture in the world has it's own concept of good and evil. Good is what sustains life and evil is what destroys. Human nature has the ability to do either. But from where is the influence? There will always be those who believe it is all just human nature and, granted, we are capable of vile acts of inhumanity against one another - by choice. Yet any choice is directed by influence.The weak and vulnerable are swayed to act upon this influence. To go beyond the fence, so to speak.
     For me there are things in life that are just a "given" - faith, good, evil, eternity. Having faith means being confident in knowing what I cannot see is actually true. Some will choose to trust in only what they can see. I believe that is a serious mistake leaving them open to influences of which they will be unaware. Others even choose to yield themselves completely to the dark and evil side, again with complete unawareness. Since I've made no secret of being a believer in Christ I believe what we are told in the Bible to be true - we can be aware of that other dimension in the spiritual world because God has said we must be alert and aware of those forces that work against our good. God wants what is good for us because He is good and incapable of evil. He wants us to resist the evil. What I love about His wanting our good is that He understands we are completely incapable of doing good all the time on our own. We will fail. And He has provided for that condition.
     Although having written  Benny  as an allegory,regarding the spiritual battle being fought daily outside the realm of visual perception, within it lies a truth. The truth regarding the other dimension.

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts on the subject?