Beginning of Wisdom

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

In the Bible, Proverbs 9:10, says, The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.


I believe that to be so true. Whenever I've needed wisdom, the word of God is where I've looked. Notice, I said whenever I've needed wisdom and not answers. Oh, we can go to the word of God looking for answers as well, but wisdom is more often the result.


I also believe that God is the only one who has true knowledge of all things. So, what better place to go? Respecting God - for that is what fear means - and His purposes in my life, knowing there is no circumstance which does not come through His hand, has been how I've found wisdom in the most difficult of times.


Hopefully, any wisdom shared here will be the result of time spent seeking the wisdom of God.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts on the subject?