Defining Wisdom

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

After discovering the last blog entry, Grief, reached the most readers, I came to the conclusion there are many hurting people out there. Really, that's no surprise. People are looking for answers to difficult questions. Questions usually beginning with, Why? We all want the truth, don't we? We want to run to where ever wisdom can be found and told the truth.
     If you have read My Story then you already know I am a person of faith. That is the basis of my life and direction. When deciding upon a name for this blog I chose Wisdom's Response not out of the desire to share the great truths and wisdom that I have gained but to share the wisdom and truths that have been made available to all of us if we would just ask.
     The wisdom and truth I learned through the process of breaking free from the grip of benzodiazepine is that I am NOT alone. Actually, better said is, I never allowed myself to believe I was alone.Believing we are alone is buying into a lie. And ulitmate defeat.When fear and self pity lead me in that direction I had to stop and ask myself, Who am I, of all people, to think I am the only one to suffer the effects of a drug gone bad?
     Now, let's take that same lie and apply it to any other problem that may occur in life. I am alone in                    .  Fill in the blank. Is that really true? I say it is never true. As with Benny, in Benny, that is the lie that comes out of  darkness. Once you have gotten past that lie you will be on the road to recovery and victory - over ANYTHING. However, it does not mean it will always be easy. Some battles do get bloody.
     If, like me, you have ever heard that lie you know it is not a shout but a whisper. It's insidious and it is designed to filter into the very depths of the soul - a designer lie!  The lie designed to defeat and destroy. Just like the designer drugs created to target specific diseases. That lie is not of our making. It comes straight out of the mouth of Benny (my new name for everything evil in the world). It is the pure essence of a lie. Do not fall prey to the lie. We are never alone. Knowing the truth makes spotting the lie that much easier. It will stick out like a single black sheep in a field of white lambs.
     So, next time you feel alone or are looking for answers, for truth, for wisdom, I encourage you to consider going to the source. There is a book in the Bible called James and there in the beginning of this book it says, If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. I have tested that truth over and over and found it to be true. God loves to keep His promises. AND, He will never deny an honest heart an honest answer.

Wisdom says we are never alone. The Source of wisdom is waiting for us to ask.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts on the subject?