The Paradox

Saturday, February 4, 2012


I had the blessing of spending time with a dear friend (a nurse) last night - the one who put my experience into light by telling me what had happened to me was called a paradoxical effect. It caused me to reflect on what an odd thing a paradox is. A paradox is something that is - but isn't, should - but doesn't, heals - yet kills.


I Googled paradoxical effect and was stunned to find benzodiazepine at the top of the list of paradoxical effect drugs. Something I had not found in my previous research. Again, it was time to stop and take a deep breath because, thank the Lord, I am past all that, yet the reality of how many others who may be suffering this effect could be out there grieves my heart. I may have fallen into that slim 5%, but having been there wouldn't want anyone else to be there either.

It has reinforced my resolve to be alert in my life knowing, as the Bible tells us, there is one who prowls around like a lion seeking those he can devour (1 Peter 5:8). This one who seeks to devour us often uses the stealth of the paradox.

Read Benny - it is a picture of how stealth works.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts on the subject?